Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Month To the Exams

I know I haven't written in a long time. I've been trying to catch up with all the work I missed and trying to study hard for my exams which start on the 2nd. Luckily my batch has a great time-table. People say it is cramped up, but we finish off in a week and nothing can be better news than that. So 2nd is Anatomy, 3rd is Physiology and 5th is Biochemistry, followed by pracs on 6th, 7th and 9th. On the 6th we have Biochem, so its lucky us. We'll be able to answer decently.
In the past few days, I've been trying to work on my presentation. The Seminar's quite close and I have to get it ready by Friday, so that I can have enough practice and can pull off the coup well. I have a feeling I'll do a great job with it. Mom and Dad are helping out too, so obviouosly, it's exciting.
Which reminds me, I have officially now started watching Dad's operations. A bit of a surprise coming from me, but I had to do it and it turned out to be quite a treat. Well, not a treat, but after the dissection hall, anything is better. Only the spinal anaesthsia sucked a bit. I've had a dread for injections and that sorta shot that dread to at least 10 times more. I took the video and according to Dad it has turned out very well. I even attended a workshop on hernia, which was full of live hernia surgeries. I watched three of them. Not that I understood much, but well, all a part of the experience.
And another good news is that our street play was selected for the finals. They are to be held today, and hopefully we should win. I basically gave up on it, after a week, because it took up a lot of time and I got very tensed about my terminal preparations. But I did go and see the end product twice, and I'm glad they did what they did. Watching that street play made me feel for the first time that I was a part of BJ and proud of it.
Overall, college has been good. We don't ,or rather, are not allowed to do much of dissection. mostly its our Batch Teachers who do it all now. Leaves us a lot of time to revise. Everyone's got into the habit of getting B.D. Chaurasia to the dissection hall and read it in there. Officially speaking, its not allowed and and we got a hell of a firing from our HoD of the Anatomy Department. I have never seen him as angry as he was yesterday, screaming at us and the teachers as loudly as he could. Guess he'll never even consider liking our batch now. Just three more days to go before a glorious weekend. Looking forward to that.

No comments: