Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gang Day and Traditional Day

The Cultural Week has ended on a high note. Yesterday and today have been awesome!! We totally nailed the meaning of Gang Day! Our theme was a Hawaiian one. Flowery t-shirts and jeans, coupled with a pair of Osho chappals, accesorised with garlands, flower-bracelets, chains and a flower pinned into the hair. We looked pretty great! Some other gangs in college came up themes like Devils, Mafia, a ZooZoo theme, Save the Tiger, Om Mangalam.......and a lot more.
We entered the lecture hall a little late, and the till then quiet class was suddenly echoing with the noise made by all the gangs together! This is College Life in its true sense. We had an awesome time!
Today, all you could see was vibrant colours and extremely pretty girls walking around amongst handsome looking guys. Its so strange how a simple sari or a simple kurta can change your entire persona in seconds!! Traditional day last year was sorta boring. It was all about clicking pictures and then BORED. Today, however, we were clicking so MANY pics, I didn't even realise how quickly time flew! I had the time of my life. Pluc my sari was very heavy, so despite the heat, I didn't want to change into something like a salwar-kameez, like I wanted to, last year. I wore a green sari. The colour really looks good on me.
Now, its the Freshers I'm waiting for, where it'll be total opposite of traditional. Haha!!!

No comments: