Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Angry


I am so ANGRY rite now. Angry to the extent that my concentration is being intercepted by all sorts of childish thoughts about what I would like to do to the person concerned. That led to me writing. Nothing frees my mind more than putting down in words how exactly I feel.
About two years back, we were celebrating the fact that Paediatrics does not include a journal. We did not know then, about a notebook that you have to prepare. This notebook is supposed to have 30 cases. Ok, so I came to know that this year. I spent two whole days and the night in between them, writing this notebook and managed to get that load off my head before the term end examination was done. Unluckily for me, by the time I went to the respective teachers, they weren’t in a mood to sign.
Today, I got the signature from my second CR pretty easily. She was sweet enough to just sign in the index and told us to put ticks inside ourselves. No, it the other CR who’s the nidus of my anger.
Since, in second year we did not know about this journal thing, we didn’t bother to really approach any body. Now 2 years down the line, we have genuine cases in our notebooks, but no CR to get them checked from. The current CRs are playing handball with us (we being that poor ball). First, the CR started checking my journal, but then he got bored and shooed us off saying that he’d never seen our faces, that we weren’t posted under him, so he couldn’t give us his signature. We had to go to the other CR, who told us we had to get permission from the lecturer so that the CR would be eligible to check our journals. All this, despite telling her (and him) that they’d given signatures to the rest of my batch.
 Finally, after pleading to him and given him his supposed due share of respect, he said he’ll check our journals at 7:30 pm. I was not in the mood to go all the way to college, 10 kms away (100 bucks by rick one way) for a signature I wasn’t sure of getting. I gave my journal to my hostelite friend and told her to get it signed for me. But, I should’ve realised that this CR is a jackass through and through. He expects people to come all the way from home to get his darling signatures. And, when they don’t arrive, he simply says, “ No. Tell her to come herself.”
I don’t understand what problem these residents have. It may be called human nature to reap the benefits of attention showered on you once in a while, but, seriously, do you do that when you’re dealing with 9th semester students, who will be appearing for the Final MBBS exams in 2 months time?? Are you that cold-hearted? What does he know about the trouble of coming all the way from home to college. After all, he isn’t a localite, right?
Jerk, absolute jerk. Ultimately, we have to go to him any way. Because, our appearing or not appearing for the practical exam depends on that signature of his in the index, doesn’t it?
Jerk. I hope he fails in his exam. Or at least, if not that extreme, I hope he falls down after I’ve gotten his signature and fractures his hand so that he can’t sign any more. That’ll save quite some time and energy of people wanting to study.
I am also pissed off at the people from my batch. Yesterday, a few of them went and got his signature. One of those was a girl who used to keep telling me to tell her when I would be going to the department to get those signatures. There are some really mean people in college. Selfish enough to not even inform. Nice. Its been that kind of a day, you know. You’re just angry at the whole world and the whole world actually does things to get you even angrier!
By the way, that workshop in Delhi got postponed. I don’t think I’ll be attending it now. My prelims last from 24th Sep-9th Oct. The final date of submission for ICMR is 15th Oct. So I don’t have much time to do anything, let alone travel. Well, now I’ll celebrate my birthday in Pune. I don’t like that. I was really looking forward to this Delhi trip and spending my birthday there. I guess I haven’t realsied how much this project is jinxed. 

No comments: