Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Held Spleens!!!!

Not today. Yesterday. We had histology today. Yesterday, having seen our batch teacher, Uddhav Sir, complete the removal of the spleen, I was somewhat excited. It looked really clean and hygienic. So I thought " Why not try it out finally?" And I did.
Its a hard organ somewhat, the spleen. But the ends are soft, thats what Ekta and I noticed, after having held over 5 other spleens in our hands. And they vary. In size, in shape, in weight, in everything. In some, the vessels can be easily identified, in some they can't be. Rather, in most, they can't be. We had just one spleen in which we could actually identify the hilum parts properly. So it was interesting yesterday, for a change.
Physiology pracs have now the clinical pracs. We finished with the pulse, and all peripheral places where you can note the pulse. Needless to say, I got all of them in me. Sometimes you do have advantages of being thin. Its Blood pressure next, on Monday.
Today was fine. Just looking forward to the weekend. One more day and then a two day break. Really need it. So here's to a saturday which will come in one more day's time!!!

No comments: