Friday, February 8, 2013

Grilled Veggies

GRILLED VEGGIES
The result of my first attempt at cooking in 2013 can be seen above. I had to do a lot of trial and error when it came to grilling, since I was using the microwave oven for it. Ultimately, after 7 minutes of using the microwave + convection option and another 2 minutes of microwave + grill option, I got something close to what I wanted.
The taste was outstanding. I have to thank Youtube for providing me with an easy marination recipe.


You can check it out in the video link above. The changes I would suggest are:
1. You can use Sabji Masala instead of the tandoori masala mentioned in the video.
2. I also used cauliflower and carrots.
3. Frying the veggies in a pan of 3 tsp oil or butter will improve the taste.
Next time I'll try boiling the veggies before marinating. That should help improve the final appearance of the grilled veggies.

Mom and Dad really liked the whole idea. I'd used a lot of vegetables and we didn't grill all of them. We had the rest in the form of a salad. That tasted great too :-)

Yay! Attempt No. 1- Exceeding Expectations :-)

No comments: