Saturday, February 9, 2013

In a Soup

Today, my attempt is Mushroom Soup- something that I dearly love. I have a cookbook at home. I tried the recipe from that.
Ingredients:
200mg Mushrooms, chopped as you want them to look
½ lt of milk
4 cups of water
¼ cup of wheat flour (kanik)
Salt
Pepper
Butter
Garlic paste 1tsp

Method:
Clean and boil the mushrooms to get rid of all the dirt. Don’t boil them too much though. Boil just enough to get a softer feel to the mushrooms.
Cut them and sauté them in 1-2 tsp of butter.
Take half of the sauted mushrooms in a container. Add ¼ lt milk, the wheat flour and the garlic if you want. Blend till you get a thick paste. I couldn’t find my almonds to add here, but they taste great. So a few almonds or 1tbs of almond powder will add to the richness of the paste.
Now add the rest of the milk and water to that paste and start boiling.
Add the rest of the mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic (if not added before). A little more butter will improve the taste.
Boil for 15-20 minutes.
Serve hot in a bowl with pepper garnish. Finely cut coriander or cream can also be used J


MUSHROOM SOUP - Garnished with Black Pepper








No comments: