Monday, September 15, 2008

The Week Preceeding The Most Important Day Of My Life

Submission was great. I managed to score a 19 out of 25, which I think, is a decent score, considering that I'd only done half the portion really well. I was totally blanched before the viva. I couldn't even think properly. My heart had gone completely weak, n I felt I'd just drop onto the floor out of nervousness. Thankfully, by the time I reached the table, I was a little calmed down and that helped me answer all the questions well. I'm pretty happy.
Moving on, the rest of the week has been more of a wait for Sunday. So, I was dying to have the Friday come. We attended the solo singing competition in the Vedant festival. Enjoyed a bit. There was a tour of the entire of Sassoon Hospital as a Preventive And Social Medicine practical. We had to walk in the sun, the only sad part of the entire walk. We even went into the 'dead-house', the common name for the cold room in the forensic department. The dead bodies had been kept there after having been post-mortemed. Our cadavers have trained us for everything. The dead bodies just looked like people sleeping, naked.
Birthday yesterday was great. A nice and quiet family get-together, with lots of friends calling up and bothering to remember my b'day. Thats always special. We watched 'A Wednesday', a fantastic movie. I loved it! Over all, I couldn't have thought of a better day to turn 18 and a better day to celebrate it. I want a guitar as my b'day gift and I hope I can get it soon.
And a last word of hope and peace for all the victims of 9/11. As every year goes by, I wish that it can only push you towards a new dawn, a new desire to move on, and the persistence to fight for peace and brotherhood. To all those lost souls, may they all rest in peace. Amen.

No comments: