Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Rainy Days

We've had tremendous rainfall every day for the past three days. There's been flooding, slum-damage, accidents, tree-falls, motor-vehicle breakdowns, traffic-jams all over the city. With the drainage the way it is in the city, the water could just stop short of getting into the first floors of buildings. Watching helpless people stuck with their broken down vehicles, old people trying to walk around on foot in the rivers on the streets, melts my heart to its last bit. I wish I could talk more about it.
On to college, we had another pricking session on Tuesday. And my earlier prick hadn't even healed. To make matters worse, I was selected as a volunteer for the session. So the Sir pricked my ring-finger one hard time and did it all, and then I had to do it all myself again. Having the cold, hard and fast and a runny nose, I was breathing through my mouth half the time. So after taking my first prick, I started sucking the blood slowly and steadily, without any air bubble coming in, before my breath began to give way. The teacher was there saying, "Good, good, very good" and then suddenly, " Don't suck with your mouth!" Had to prick myself again and did the same thing again! The teacher got tired and my cold increased. I asked her whether I could do it with somebody else. I'd had enough of pricks. The first time I was pricking myself, I pulled hard at the needle out of its cover and got it stuck in the back of my fore-finger. That hurt. Seriously hurt. And that blew my confidence to pieces. First the paining prick from the volunteering, now another one from my mistake. And then two more! Ask yourself why I wasn't ready for a fifth prick on my hand.
But had to do it finally. The teacher appreciated my cadour. She had to. And I did it all. Maybe not exactly smooth, but I managed it. She was delighted when I showed her my own Leucocyte count. " Very Good!" Those words really put some ease to my aching hand. The back of my fore-finger still pains, but the rest is fine.
We had the Staff Debate today. Topic-" Sex Education is a Must" Interesting. It was fun watching the staff fight it all out. And we were allowed to give the Dissection a miss. So anything will do. Even a boring debate would have done it for me. Luckily it wasn't.
We've got a tutorial and submission coming up. Finally have to study now!...Good Night!!

No comments: